Therapies in Sartell MN
A Chinese system of natural healing involving no drugs or surgery, acupuncture restores optimal energy flow to the various organs, glands, and tissues of the body. Based on the premise that most malfunction and disease results from disrupted energy, acupuncture effectively addresses a variety of conditions.
Electronic Muscle Stimulation is a form of muscle therapy that improves circulation, reduces inflammation, relieves muscle pain and spasm, and enhances soft tissue healing. Electrode pads placed on the skin administer gentle electrical impulses to the area of pain or spasm, causing a contraction of the muscle at rest to promote healing and strength.
Through the transmission of high-frequency sound waves and comforting heat, ultrasound gently and effectively treats muscle injury and inflammation. Vibrations and warmth penetrate several layers of soft tissue to deeply massage the muscle, encouraging blood flow and reducing tension.
Biomechanical training improves balance and proprioception-the brain's awareness of the body's movement and position. By integrating the visual, auditory, kinesthetic, tactile and vestibular senses, this program increases power, efficiency, comfort and safety in sports and daily activities.
When applied to the body, the cold laser-a low-powered, non-thermal, monochromatic light-normalizes cellular function, stimulates the immune system, and improves communication between cells. Patients report a decrease in pain and a feeling of lightness, a result of the restored coordination between muscles, nerves, and circulation. Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy include pain relief, balanced muscular and neurological systems, improved athletic performance, faster wound healing, decreased inflammation, and improved immunity.
Dr. Sara is the only provider in the area offering the GrastonTechinque®. This innovative treatment effectively addresses all soft tissue conditions, whether they are chronic, acute, or postsurgical.
The Graston Technique® offers many advantages to the patient, including:
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
Graston Technique® is a patented form of soft tissue mobilization that effectively breaks down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. Utilizing specially designed stainless steel instruments, clinicians detect and treat areas exhibiting fibrosis or chronic inflammation. Originally developed by an injured athlete, Graston Technique® is an emerging interdisciplinary treatment now practiced by more than 9,000 clinicians worldwide.
For more detailed information on the Graston Technique, click here.
- RockTape turns down the volume on pain
- More specifically, it runs interference on pain. Ever whack your shin and rub it, and suddenly realize you feel better? RockTape on the skin can interfere with painful signals which are directed to the brain.
- When the signals arriving to the brain are altered, it does not produce the sensation of pain. When kinesiology tape is properly applied, many of our customers call it “magic” or think that it fixed their injury instantly. In fact, it helps to change how your body interprets pain, turning down the pain “volume” that your body hears.
- Decompresses an area of swelling and inflammation
- When RockTape is applied to the skin, it has a microscopic lifting effect underneath the skin and between the many layers. This allows the by-products created by inflammation to be removed more quickly.
- It delays fatigue
- Research has shown that RockTape on skin can attenuate muscle fatigue. In rehab, this is very important, not only for the parts of your body that are currently hurting, but also for the surrounding areas as they help to pick up the slack for muscles that are currently not working well.
- It normalizes muscle tone
- When someone is injured, fatigued, sick, or inflamed, the symphony of muscle action that normally takes place with great accuracy often falls out of tune. This can happen all over the body. For instance, research has shown that people who sprain their ankle tend to have altered activity of their hip muscle as a result. RockTape helps bring dormant muscle back to life and help calm down the overactive muscles. It helps your body coordinate movement as if it weren’t hurt, hence allowing it to heal properly.
- It distributes physical stress
- Unlike conventional taping, which prevents movement – RockTape allows full movement of a taped area. Through elastic properties and quick recoil, RockTape can help distribute forces to other nearby areas through the fascia, ligaments, and even bones.
|Monday||9:00am to 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||7:00am to 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||7:00am to 7:00pm|
|Thursday||7:00am to 7:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 4:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am to 11:00am|